Purging will help you to let go of what’s holding you back in life, so that you can focus on what’s most important to you, and spend more of your time and energy working on what you want to accomplish in life.
What is purging?
It’s a process that helps to increase your,
- Ability to focus, thus making better use of your time;
- Personal motivation, and;
- Physical and emotional energy.
“If you know how to pay attention, boredom is not a problem.” — Sam Harris
Purging reinforces your intrinsic values
Many people spend too much time seeking meaning and validation from extrinsic motivators lead to more unhappiness and loneliness. This may show up as,
- Excessive social media use
- Comparing yourself to others
- The need for external validation
- Mob or group-think
- Bullying and shouting online, etc.
Ultimately you want to prioritize your self-care first, then your quality relationships, and finally your work and productivity.
Link mentioned in today’s episode:
- The Waking Up Podcast by Sam Harris, #142 — Addiction, Depression, and a Meaningful Life.
Want to eliminate distractions, control information overload, and spend more time doing what you love — and with whom you love?
There is a solution and it’s called, The Purging Process Program.
Originally published at darrenstehle.com on November 15, 2018.