How Your ONE Core Value Will Improve the Quality of Your Life
Knowing what’s most important to you — your core value — will make a significant difference in the quality of your decisions, the efficiency of your actions, and how swiftly you accomplish your goals.
Unfortunately, most people don’t know or have clearly defined core values.
When you know what you value most, you have a focused lens through which you make decisions, create strategies, and take efficient action. If a choice isn’t fully aligned with your core values, you let it go and move on.
How to craft a powerful, effective, and emotionally aligned core value.
Values are much more than simple words. Your values,
- Express beliefs you feel are important;
- Act as a compass to point you in the right direction;
- Provide prediction and response about who you want to be, and;
- Serve as standards for your behaviour and transcend situations and environments.
To craft a powerful, effective, and empowering ONE Core Value, complete the following steps. Get specific and detailed with your answers for clarity and emotional alignment.
Step 1: What is your ONE Core Value?
What do you most value in life, right now?
Step 2: What about that ONE Core Value excites you?
Knowing what’s most important is a skill that makes a meaningful difference in the quality of your decisions, how efficiency you act, and the ease with which you accomplish your goals.
Step 3: What will focusing on this ONE Core Value help you accomplish?
When you use a narrow, focused lens to make all decisions, you will create effective strategies aligned with your goals.
Step 4: If you were living that ONE Core Value every day…
- How would that make you feel?
- What would you be thinking?
- What would you be saying to yourself and others?
- What would you be doing?
- What would you NOT be feeling, thinking, saying, and doing?
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog