James Finn, have you really lost your muse or do you need to take a break? I wonder if you need a change of scenery/environment, to stimulate the brain and look at things in a new light.
Thinking out loud about you building your following:
- Do you have a website?
They say (and who is they) ever author needs one. Why? EMAIL LIST! With a site you could do so many things.
- You could have a CTA (call to action) at the end of all your Medium posts to sign up.
- You can email your list once or more per week with updates, behind the scenes, unpublished work, etc.
- You could turn the Caleb series into an eBook that people can download (your ethical bride) when they sign up.
- You can let people know about when you are publishing a new book
And so on… I’m not a website expert but I really think you could use one.
Back to Caleb. What ELSE can you do with the story as written?
- where else can you publish it?
- turn it into a free eBook and have it for sale (for free) as a kindle book on Amazon (but make a website first).
- forward the ebook to various publications as an example of your work to be published as a serial. I will leave the “where” up to you, but we could brainstorm countless newspapers, journals, LGBTQ pubs. Think Armistead Maupin and how he published Tales of the City.
- has your editor/publisher seen the series, and what about a LGBTQ publisher?
Was this helpful?